What a throw! Go, Dustin!Photocopied from Deer Park Tribune, 4/3/2019 edition; Photo: Thomas Costigan/Deer Park Tribune.
Sport Summer Camp Dates
Mat Classic XXXI (Tacoma Dome) - Brackets
- HS Volleyball - Camp dates will be May 28, 29, 30 from 3:30 - 5:50 PM each day. Cost is $30 per athlete. Contact Matt Gines for Questions: 509-863-3139.
- Wrestling- Camp dates will be from July 7th to July 10th at Redneck Duals in Pasco, Wa. Cost is $40.00 per athlete. Contact Kyle Dodge for Questions: 509-862-8224.
Did You Know ...
-- The Boys' wrestling team is the 2019 Academic State Champions?
-- This is the 9th time since 2000 that our Boys have received this award?
-- That, combined with the Girls' 3 Academic awards, we have received 12 Academic Awards since 2000?
-- We have an individual academic state champion (Tyrell)?
-- We received an Honorable Mention Academic Award (Nicholas)?
-- Girls' Basketball and Boys' Basketball each received the Distinguished Award for Academic Excellence this year?
That's alot of good stuff to know!
Received November 9, 2018 from the Inland Empire Football Officials Association's Sportsmanship Committee:
On behalf of the Inland Empire Football Officials Association, I’d like to congratulate the Mary Walker Varsity Football team on being nominated for the Weekly Sportsmanship Award for the week of November 2, 2018.
The nominating official pointed out a steady display of sportsmanship and respect towards your opponent, the officials and the game of football throughout the contest.
By way of this nomination, you are automatically under consideration for our annual IEFOA Sportsmanship Award. This year-end award is voted on at by our committee and a plaque is displayed at the winning school for the remainder of the school year.
Again, congratulations on your nomination. Please find a copy of your certificate attached above, for you to print and proudly display wherever you see fit.Congrats to Kiki Johnson on qualifying for the State Cross Country Meet on Nov. 3rd in Tri-Cities!'GATE' PRICES:FOOTBALL, VOLLEYBALL, BASKETBALL & WRESTLING$6.00 Adults$4.00 Senior Citizens & Students w/ASB Card$1.00 Kindergarten & Younger
Air Quality Information and Resources
Listed below are helpful resources to determine air quality status, activity recommendations, and ways to improve air quality within school buildings.
- Understanding the air quality conditions is fairly straightforward with this helpful guide https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/publications/documents/1802024.pdf
- You can check statewide air quality conditions at https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/enviwa/ . Local monitoring stations currently exist in Wellpinit, Inchelium, and Colville. There are neighboring monitor stations in Post Falls and Spokane.
- Use the Air Pollution and School Activities Guide PDF to determine if air quality conditions warrant activity restrictions.
- If wildfire smoke impairments exist in your area, use the Improving Ventilation and Indoor Air Quality During Wildfire Smoke Events handout that provides recommendations for schools with mechanical ventilation.
- Additional information about local fires, smoke, and air quality forecasting can be found at Washington Smoke Information.
Check out Karissa Harris' story.(Story by Sam Adams; Video by KHQ-Q6, Brad Hegland, SWX Assoc. Prod.)(Please Note: All schedules are subject to change, without notice. Calendar should reflect most up-to-date information.)
Mat Classic XXX
(February 2018)Congratulations, Wrestlers!
Tyrell Crossley, Randy Dixon, Matthew Hess, Hunter Schurger and Nickolas Schurger.
Faith Goforth and Ethan Pettit
Academic State Champions
Girls' Wrestling ... 3rd year in a row!!!
Coach of the Year Nomination
Concussion and Sudden Cardiac ArrestPer Board Policy 3422 (Student Sports - Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest), "the district will maintain a link on its website to the OSPI website where the online pamphlet will be posted."
For information about non-school sports for elementary age children, see our Community Links page for Facebook link(s).