Is college in your future? Here are a few tips to help you get ready for your post secondary education:
· Take the SAT and ASSET in May.
· Make a list of colleges that interest you and gather information. Visit the colleges if possible
· Work hard and take challenging classes. Colleges like students to take advanced math and science classes. They also appreciate students who take AP classes. This year we are offering AP in English, science, history, and psychology.
· Keep your grades up. Colleges like to see good grades in your senior year.
· Don’t drop challenging classes at semester.
· Apply to the colleges you’re interested in. The earlier you apply the better. Think about completing applications by November or December
· Take college entrance tests (October—December). Take the SAT for 4-year colleges. Take the ASSET. Both tests are given at our high school.
· Apply for Financial Aid and scholarships. Federal financial aid applications can be submitted anytime after January 1st. For more information visit www.fafsa.ed.gov. Check with your school counselor for information about current scholarships.
Please call 258-4533 or email Jerry Dyar for more information about preparing for college.